Our “care-years” is a time in our lives when we need a combination of support services so we can live as independently as possible. Are you ready?
1. I know that my retirement years consist of 2 parts: the well-deserved, relaxing, independent years and the changing health, increased dependency care years...and I have an understanding of the needs of 'both' stages…(yes / no)
2. I have a good grasp of my financial, legal, and insurance affairs. I feel confident that all my necessary documents are up-to-date and in order…(yes / no)
3. I have made my end-of-life wishes known (e.g. written a will and discussed services with a family member)…(yes / no)
4. I feel confident that I have a good retirement plan in place because it takes into consideration the financial impact from my changing health needs…(yes / no)
5. I know at least one government agency in my community with the responsibility for seniors' health needs and I am aware of one of the programs offered through that department…(yes / no)
6. I know what to look for and how to elder-safe my home (inside and out) in order to reduce potential accidents…(yes / no)
7. I understand the medications I am taking and I have asked about many of the possible side effects related to those medications and the signs to watch for……(yes / no)
8. I know what to do during health emergencies and I am familiar with some of our local hospital's special resources for seniors…(yes / no)
9. I am aware of some of the subtle signs of dementia to watch for in my family members (e.g. the need for routines)…(yes / no)
10. I am aware of the various care-programs in my community (e.g. at-home services, rehabilitation services, nursing services, adult daycare options, assisted living complexes) and know how to request these…(yes / no)
11. I understand many of the costs associated with the care-years (e.g. at-home services, therapy costs, medications, cleaning services, special equipment...) and realize that there is now a special insurance policy available to help me cover certain care costs when needed…(yes / no)
12. I am confident that there will be 'few surprises' for my family to contend with during my senior years because my house is in order…(yes / no)
Contact us today at (970) 241-2818 for more information on our private duty in-home living assistance services.
Unlike traditional in-home care services, Black Canyon Home Health, LLC private pay home care provides one-on-one nursing aide services. BCHH private pay care partners are trained, certified and licensed in the state of Colorado. We offer qualified care in the comfort of a person's own home, or in a facility such as a hospital, memory care unit or nursing home. BCHH private pay home care let loved ones live at home while receiving the care they require. They compliment traditional in-home caregivers and give family members extra peace of mind.